Sunday, September 6, 2009

Trite, but True



This is a shot I see a lot of, the couple driving off into the sunset in a convertible. The problem is, being in a resort, doing mostly destination weddings, most of my clients don't have cars as part of their wedding. Luckily for Paula and Adam, one of the guests had rented a convertible Mustang at the airport, which we appropriated for the photos.

To get the shot, I sat on the folded up canvas roof of the car. I had one toe hooked under the armrest of the right rear seat to keep from rolling off the back of the car. The fisheye is so wide that I was having a hard time keeping my body out of the picture. You can see my toe behind Paula's seat.

Tech Stuff:
I stopped the lens way down and used a really slow shutter speed to blur the scenery. I used a fisheye lens to accentuate the blurring of the scenery.

Camera: Nikon D2x
Lens: Nikon 10.5 mm DX, f/2.8

No comments:

Post a Comment