Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Three Generations



This is a shot from Amanda and Trevor's wedding in Vancouver recently. While I like to think of myself as a more candid wedding photographer, I do find that great moments pop up in even the most staged of situations. This shot was taken during the family 'stand up' photo session, which is usually a bit of a chore for both the couple and the photographer. I wanted to get a shot of the couple, along with Amanda's mother, and their new baby, but just as I was setting it up, the baby started to cry, so all their attention moved from having their pic taken to calming the baby, and it was just the perfect moment. I have to say, I really like this shot.

Tech Stuff
I'm really loving this new Nikon D700.  The clarity and detail is amazing, and with the full frame coverage, you get great separation between the subject and the background.  

Camera:  Nikon d700
Lens:  Nikon 28-70mm AF-S, f/2.8
Lighting:  Nikon SB-900 flash on a stand just out the frame on camera left


No comments:

Post a Comment