Sunday, June 27, 2010

Whistler Stagette Party


You end up doing some odd gigs in this job, but this one was one was really out there. I got a call from a friend of the Bride, who asked me if I would come and photograph their stagette party in the Whistler Village Saturday night. The group was from Nanaimo, on Vancouver Island, so I obviously wasn't going to be shooting the wedding, but it sounded like a fun job, so I said why not. It was actually a ton of fun, and we counted seven other stagette groups in the village that night, so it seems that Whistler has become the destination of choice.






Tech Stuff:
We didn't start shooting until after they had finished dinner at almost 10:00, so it was almost dark outside. With such a large group, it was too much for a flash on-camera set up, so I had to use an off camera lighting set up for all the pictures. I had an assistant hold an extended light stand with a photo umbrella and a Nikon SB-900 flash on it, and walk beside me as I followed the ladies around. Joyce had to stay to camera right, and slightly in front of me for the SB-900 to read the signal from the controller.

Camera: Nikon D700
Lens: Nikon AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8
Lighting: Nikon SB-900 bounced into a photo umbrella, controlled by a Nikon SU-800

No comments:

Post a Comment