Sunday, February 21, 2010

Olympics, The International Broadcast Centre


Me in front of the Olympic Torch
I've been spending the Olympics in a novel way. Since I'm not working for any of the large news agencies, I'm not accredited for any of the Olympic events. However, the Canadian Press has a commercial photography division, and they've been keeping me very busy, believe it not, documenting Canadian Government Cabinet Ministers as they tour the various Olympic facilities.

Thursday, I had a fascinating tour through the International Broadcast Centre in Vancouver with Industry Minister Tony Clemente.


The CTV main studio


CTV control room. There are 10 broadcast network feeds for CTV alone.


Minister Tony Clemente (centre, with glasses), in the broadcast nerve centre, where the producers monitor the broadcast feed.


Inside the server farm

No comments:

Post a Comment