Friday, July 23, 2010

Sarah and Kris's Wedding at the Brew Creek Lodge


Sarah and Kris are a really nice and fun loving couple who currently live in the UK, although Sarah is from Vancouver. They had a great wedding at the Brew Creek Lodge, which is about half way between Squamish and Vancouver.


Sarah marshals her bride's maids


A beautiful day made for a great outdoor ceremony.




It's a really hokey photo, but sometimes it works pretty well.




I was doing some standard pics of the guests, and didn't notice this until I was reviewing the photos back in my office.


What's the secret? The bride's maid's were trying on Sarah's wedding ring.




The Brew Creek Lodge is one of the prettiest locations I work in.


The first dance.

Tech Stuff
Although I try not to let it show, almost all the photos have some degree to flash to either fill or light them. The portraits are shot with a SB-900 mounted in medium Photoflex softbox. All the interior photos are shot with on-camera flash, with the light bounced off either the ceiling or walls.

The main lens I use for weddings is the medium zoom 28-70mm. The couple portraits were shot with my 70-200mm, and the ceremony was the 17-35mm

Camera: Nikon D700
Lenses: Nikon AF-S 17-35mm f/2.8, AF-S 28-70 f/2.8, AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8.
Lighting: Nikon SB-900. Off camera flash controlled with the SU-800.

No comments:

Post a Comment