Sunday, March 7, 2010

Olympic wrap up


That's me (bald spot and all) filing my pictures back to head office in Toronto from the Canada Place Starbucks. I spent the Olympics covering ministers from Industry and Foreign Affairs, and members of the Canadian Tourism commission, as they lobbied, and generally sold Canada to an incredible group of International VIP's and CEO's.

I have to admit that I was really peeved that I didn't get any contracts to shoot the sporting events. On second thoughts, who am I kidding, while I was a really good sports photographer back when I was a newspaper photographer, it's been 14 years since I really did it seriously, and the best sports photographers in the world were at the Olympics. I'm good at event photography, and while it can be pretty dry at times, I take a lot of pride in the work I do.

Monday morning, I start all over again with the Para Olympic torch relay.

No comments:

Post a Comment